Saturday, February 25, 2012

4 Days post op & random thoughts

Heyy,
So I am currently 4 days post op and I feel for the most part normal. I still get gas pains but not as much. I swear by Gas-x chewables they have been my best friend. I have been home 2 days so far and its an adjustment being on just liquids for a week. The one thing I am working on is making sure I get in all my water. I purchased some premade protein shakes, since we aren't allowed to use the blends quite yet I figured they would be easier for me this week. I purchased Muscle Milk, from Wal-Mart about 6.48 for a 4 pack. They have 20 grams of protein & only 3 sugars.
I went a head and purchased all 3 flavors not knowing which I will be able to tolerate and so far Vanilla & Chocolate I can drink. :D I will say this, they aren't the best tasting but they get the job done for the week.

My battle scars are healing ok. I personally scar easily so 2 weeks post op I will be applying Merderma & coco butter to help lessen the appearance of the scars. I am getting more excited to work out. I have to wait to get the ok, which I think is about 3-4 weeks out I can start a light work out. Dr. Suh really wants us to heal well before we do anything to make sure we are ok and the the incisions are healed. Last thing we want is to have to be back in the hospital for busting an incision.

I keep thinking about the end result and I'm really thinking on trying the " It Works" to help with the extra skin. I have seen some of the results and they are great. I personally can not afford plastic surgery to correct all the excess skin. So I am hoping between working out ( a lot) and the " It works" I can tighten up some of the skin!


Weight in:

Starting weight: 250lbs

Surgery Day: 243.6

Current: 230.2

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well! I'm so excited that we are finally on "the other side"!! Keep up the great work!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never could tolerate muscle milk for some reason. I drink the Atkins shakes. They are 15 grams of protein and 5 carbs. I can't recall how much sugar at the moment but it's not a lot. I pretty much live and breathe the caramel cafe flavor. So maybe you can try those and see if you like them better. I'm so excited for you!! You're really doing great and have a plan which is smart. By the way your blog is super cute and I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its crazy Michelle!

    Thanks Holly, I will have to check those out, cuz this muscle milk isnt doing it.

    ReplyDelete