Friday, February 10, 2012

Last appointment

Today was my finale appointment with my surgeon. The appointment was quick he was just verifying everything and answering any questions we had. After my 3 minute appointment we had one to go register at the hospital and that was a little bit of a longer process but it was pretty simple. Filled out paper work, had my weight and height taken, blood pressure and a nasal swab taken to look for some sort of infection. I had to do 1 practice breathing exercise which was easier than I thought.

Today has been one big reality check its 100% official it is no longer a dream but a reality and I could be more excited. I'm looking forward to being able to help out some of the pre-op members for my website.  I can honestly say that I have never been more ready or excited for something as I am now.

I went and purchased a lot of the surgery items, I got pj bottoms in 1 size bigger so they are loose, I got some comfy slippers since I will have to walk, got some panties I tired to get some dark ones since just about everyone lady gets her period right after, I got a small roller bag and I will be packing my laptop my phone W/ chargers and  then some general toiletries. I have dogs that shed so I have kept all my surgery items in a place that would be less likely to have their hair.  My biggest worry is getting a hair in my wounds, I know they use the glue but you can never be too careful.

I will also be getting my room & house surgery ready, making sure there is nothing on the floor I could trip over, making sure all the laundry and bedding is extra clean same with the bathroom & the shower. The last thing you want is an infection or getting sick since the your immune  system will be down due the trauma.

For those who are struggling, you can do it, if you have to eat out just make a better choice, YOU CAN DO IT, NEVER GIVE UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment